Friday, December 11, 2009

ok I am a pawnbroker for real now

Well we started the marketing plan today even though Pawnmaster was not functioning properly yet.  I bought a ipod and some dvd's  grand total 180.00  retail maybe 300.00. 

30 days from now we will do an update and see how we did.  4 walk ins and 1 guy who literally threw the door open and screamed "do you buy paint sprayers"  and then ran off.  You couldn't make this stuff up. 

We only had an hour to really attack the plan but we generated a lot of action.  Still nothing, and I mean nothing but some guitars in the store. 

We did have one nice old lady come in present us an old 14k ring with some small diamonds oone missing.  Because the scale was not working I sent her to the "we buy gold" guy around the corner.  I told her that the going reate was around 12-15/gram and to make sure and see the scale. 

In a matter of minutes she is back and tells me that he offered her 60 dollars and "said" the ring weighed about 4 grams but she couldn't see it.......hmmm.  Wel a least I know how much the gold guy pays.

All in all a great start.

No comments: