Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pawnmaster

Well today I got the point of sale system installed.  It's called Pawnmaster and it basically does all the hard work for you.  Keeps you legal, reports, gun log etc.  I have scheduled 8 hours of training lined up for tomorrow.  Pawn university in a day.......wow. 

Got the jewelry testing and display equipment today and finally got the AC working.  Now I basically have a 5000 sq. ft. store with almost zero mechanidise and 1 employee who has never  been in a pawn shop (brother in-law) until recently. 

I am a retail genius. 

We did have a couple of real characters walk in off the street today and look at the guitars.  I didn't have a way to sell them anything yet so I didn't push, it was encouraging though.  We are going to use the internet and telemarketing to get foot traffic going.  Between the website www.bigtimspawn.com and calling craigslist.com and calling ads from the local fish wrapper we hope to get 30 pairs of feet over the threshold everyday, that is the goal. 

I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel, although this has taken much longer than we hoped I hope to report my first sale and pawn by the end of this week! 

As a closing note, regardless of how much money and experience and business acumen you have I don't think this would have been possible without the support of my wife.  It's always been MY dream to be a pawnbroker not hers, I love her more than ever for helping me make it attainable.

No comments: